Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weekly Menu (7/22/12-7/29/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
 
  • summer squash 
  • corn on the cob
  • carrots
  • butter lettuce
  • plums 
  • grapes 
  • raspberries 
  • strawberries 

I also have some cauliflower and radishes left from last week. Along with watermelon, cantaloupe, potatoes and bananas that I picked up at the store today.
This week for breakfast: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids, and smoothies, water kefir with fruit puree, or baked oatmeal for me.

This week for lunches: The boys are taken care of at their sitters', except on Monday and Tuesday (I took those days off of work). I'll be eating leftovers the rest of the week, and of course, I bring fruit with me everyday.
Monday's lunch: I'm taking the boys up to Bear Lake for the day, so we might stop at Herm's Inn for breakfast on our way out of town, and then pack our own lunch and snacks:
  • Homemade Lunchables (Schar Table Crackers, with choices of toppings...ham, peanut butter, jelly, bananas, etc)
  • Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • Veggies and Hummus
  • Cashews and Cocoa Roasted Almonds to snack on
  • Lots of water to drink
Tuesday: I'm taking the boys to Salt Lake to Hogle Zoo and/or the Children's Museum
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches on Udi's Bread
  • Grapes
  • Veggies and Almond Butter
  • Chips
  • Lots of water to drink
This week for dinner:

Sunday:
  • Ham
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Cornbread
  • Green Salad
  • Fruit Salad

Monday
  • Sweet Pork with Corn Tortillas
  • Basmati Rice
  • Sauteed Summer Squash
  • Green Salad 
  • Fruit Salad
Tuesday:
  • Spaghetti with Jovial Pasta
  • Roasted Summer Squash and Cauliflower
  • Fruit Salad
  • Green Salad

Wednesday:
  • corn dogs
  • Fruit Salad
  • Veggies and Hummus

Thursday:
Friday:
  • Grilled Chicken 
  • Grilled Summer Squash
  • Salad
  • Fruit Salad
Saturday: It's my side of the family's reunion...so lunch will be tacos/taco salad (and I'll be making crepes for PB&J's for the little ones that aren't into tacos that day) and dinner:
  • Ham
  • corn on the cob
  • green salad
  • watermelon
  • chips
  • bean salsa
  • cupcakes
  • rice krispie treats

No comments:

Post a Comment