Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dairy Free Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream

Yum
We've gottten quite a few cherries the past 2 weeks in our bountiful basket. I've enjoyed eating them straight up and in smoothies, and such...but this is by far my favorite way to enjoy cherries...cherry chocolate chunk ice cream.  Back in my dairy filled days one of my favorite ice creams was Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.  This is my take on that ice cream. And I enjoyed mine with a fantastic Goldbaum's gluten-free sugar cone.





Dairy Free Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (So Delicious coconut milk)
1 1/4 cup pureed fresh cherries
1/4 agave syrup
2/3 cup halved fresh cherries
4 oz dark chocolate, chopped into chunks (check to make sure it's dairy-free)

Directions:
Whisk together the milks, cherry puree and agave (or if you're lazy like me, stick it in a blender and give it a whirl to combine).  Add the milk mixture into an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturers instructions for freezing.  The last 5 minutes add in the cherry halves and the chocolate chunks. Place in a quart sized container and freeze until you're ready to eat it.

6 comments:

  1. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
    Also see my page :: order hcg today

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ice cream looks AMAZING!!!! Gasp. Just love this!! Really beautiful.

    I'm featuring this AMAZING recipe this week on AFW and making ASAP!! http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2012/07/allergy-free-wednesdays-week-25-july-11.html

    Pinning and sharing on FB!

    Hugs,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty. I'm getting some cherries today and I will definitely be making this. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry with chocolate ice cream is my favorite! I never thought to add cherry puree--great idea! (Found you from Cybele Pascal's site.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula--Talk about perfect timing, huh? Thanks so much for sharing your recipe link on my gfe FB page for thos of us who want a dairy-free version of Cherry Chocolate Chip (or Chunk) ice cream!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete